CHICKEN-AVOCADO LETTUCE WRAPS
Lettuce wraps are a spectacular method of enjoying sandwiches and toppings without adding undesirable carbs. The best lettuce to use is Boston, large red or green oak leaf, or romaine lettuce with the rib cut out. Cutting out the ribs allows you to roll the lettuce leaf without it cracking or ripping.
- ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- ⅓ cup Creamy Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (6-ounce) cooked chicken breast, chopped Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper 8 large lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and thyme until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped chicken and season the filling with salt and
- Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce leaves and top with the
- Serve 2 lettuce wraps per
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be eaten on the keto diet in many recipes— like this creamy soup. Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamins C and K, omega-3 fatty acids, and manganese, which can help support digestion, improve brain function, and promote a healthy heart. Choose a snowy white head of cauliflower with crisp green leaves and absolutely no brown spots.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups Herbed Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Put a large stockpot over medium heat and add the butter
- Fry the onion and cauliflower until tender and lightly browned, about 10
- Add the chicken stock and nutmeg to the pot and bring the liquid to a
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the heavy cream, and purée the soup with an immersion blender or food processor until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve topped with the Cheddar
The portions of this salad are quite small, but the combination of ingredients packs a hearty flavour burst. Using bacon fat in the dressing instead of olive oil adds to this already mouthwatering salad. Bacon fat will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, so save it for other recipes whenever you cook bacon.
- tablespoons melted bacon fat 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded lettuce 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted unsalted sunflower seeds 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the bacon fat and vinegar until emulsified. Season with black
- Add the lettuce and tomato to the bowl and toss the vegetables with the
- Divide the salad between 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of bacon, egg, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and chicken (if using).
ROASTED PORK LOIN WITH GRAINY MUSTARD SAUCE
This sauce is delicious; you might have to double the amount you make because eating it by the spoonful as a snack is a real treat. It is also stellar with barbecued beef tenderloin or a perfectly roasted lamb rack.
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin roast Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard, such as Pommery
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the pork roast all over with sea salt and
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive
- Brown the roast on all sides in the skillet, about 6 minutes in total, and place the roast in a baking
- Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roast reads 155°F, about 1
- When there is approximately 15 minutes of roasting time left, place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the heavy cream and Stir the sauce until it simmers, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer the sauce until it
Good meatloaf is an art and a successful staple dish for many home cooks. It is one of the ultimate comfort foods. Meatloaf needs the perfect ratio of meat, fats, vegetables, and spices to be tender and flavorful. The best part about meatloaf is that it freezes beautifully, so you can make a double batch and keep one for a quick meal at another time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped 1½ pounds ground turkey
- ⅓ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add the olive
- Sauté the onion until it is tender, about 4
- Transfer the onion to a large bowl and add the turkey, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and
- Stir until the ingredients are combined and hold Press the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes and serve.