Feeling hungry in between your meals? Then try these 7 easy to prepare Keto diet snacks. This will keep your stomach filling and happy.
BACON-CHEESE DEVILED EGGS
A simple favorite is made extra special with the addition of bacon and tasty Swiss cheese. Eggs are a wonderful addition to the keto diet because they are an excellent source of fat and protein, about 63 percent, and 35 percent, respectively, in one large egg. Deviled eggs can be eaten as a quick snack or taken to a get-together on a pretty platter for everyone to enjoy.
- 6 large eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- ¼ cup Creamy Mayonnaise
- ¼ avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup Swiss cheese, finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Halve each of the eggs
- Carefully remove the yolk and place the yolks in a medium bowl. Place the whites, hollow-side up, on a
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, avocado, cheese, and Dijon mustard. Stir until well mixed. Season the yolk mixture with the black
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg white hollows and top each egg half with the chopped bacon.
- Store the eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1
WALNUT HERB & CRUSTED GOAT CHEESE
Goat cheese is a marvelous tart creation that has about 12 grams of fat, 10 grams of protein, and zero carbs in a 2-ounce portion, which is the recommended serving size in this recipe. Try to find soft goat cheese because semihard and hard types actually do contain carbs. The soft product can be found in most grocery stores in prepackaged logs.
- 6 ounces chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 (8-ounce) log goat cheese
- Place the walnuts, oregano, parsley, thyme, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the walnut mixture onto a plate and roll the goat cheese log in the nut mixture, pressing so the cheese is covered and the walnut mixture sticks to the
- Wrap the cheese in plastic and store in the refrigerator for up to 1
- Slice and enjoy!
SPINACH& BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE
Blueberries are the second most popular berry in the United States and have one of the highest antioxidant contents of any food. Throwing a handful of this fruit in your morning smoothie adds vitamins K and C, magnesium, and copper to your diet. Look for organic berries because they have a higher antioxidant level than conventionally grown fruit.
- 1 cup coconut milk 1 cup spinach
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 scoop plain protein powder 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ice cubes
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Put the coconut milk, spinach, cucumber, blueberries, protein powder, coconut oil, and ice in a blender and blend until
- Pour into 2 glasses, garnish each with the mint, and serve
BACON & PEPPER FAT BOMBS
Fat bombs are designed to help you reach your daily macros with no fuss and little planning required. This cheesy bacon bomb is savory and delectable, with a satisfying kick from the black pepper. If you want a little more heat, add a pinch of cayenne. It will definitely add a little pep to your step.
- ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature 8 bacon slices, cooked and chopped Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set
- In a medium bowl, stir together the goat cheese, cream cheese, butter, bacon, and pepper until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to drop mounds of the bomb mixture on the baking sheet and place the sheet in the freezer until the fat bombs are very firm but not frozen about 1 hour.
- Store the fat bombs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
ALMOND & BUTTER FUDGE
Fudge should be smooth and dense with no grittiness or graininess. Since you won’t be using granulated sugar for this treat, the chances of getting the wrong texture are greatly reduced. Almond butter is a stellar source of protein, vitamin E, iron, manganese, and fiber. If you are not a fan of this nut butter, peanut butter or cashew butter would also be delicious and create the same tempting results.
- 1 cup coconut oil, at room temperature 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup heavy (whipping) cream 10 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch sea salt
- Line a 6-by-6-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, almond butter, heavy cream, stevia, and salt until very
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top with a
- Place the dish in the refrigerator until the fudge is firm, about 2
- Cut into 36 pieces and store the fudge in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
CREAMY CINNAMON SMOOTHIE
Cinnamon is a lovely warm spice that often conjures up visions of holiday desserts or fragrant baked goods. Try to find Ceylon cinnamon instead of Cassia, because it does not contain coumarin, a toxin that affects the liver. Ceylon cinnamon is lighter in color and has a more delicate flavor than Cassia.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 5 drops liquid stevia
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Put the coconut milk, protein powder, stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
SMOKED SALMON FAT BOMBS
Many restaurants serve a popular appetizer that features smoked salmon and herb cream cheese spread on tortillas, rolled up, and cut into little bite-size rounds. This keto version omits the tortillas but still has all the rich, delicious flavor. Add a sprinkle of chopped fresh dill into the mixture if it suits your taste.
- ½ cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature 2 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the goat cheese, butter, smoked salmon, lemon juice, and pepper until very well blended.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the salmon mixture onto the baking sheet until you have 12 even mounds.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the fat bombs are firm, 2 to 3
- Store the fat bombs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1