Extra creamy with subtle East Indian flavours of saffron and cinnamon, this recipe is deliciously unique.
RICE (LOW PRESSURE) • SLOW COOK (LESS MODE) • SAUTÉ
HANDS-ON: 5 MINUTES
UNDER PRESSURE: 12 MINUTES
10-MINUTE NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE
SLOW COOK: 30 MINUTES
- 4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine 1½ cups of the milk, water, and next 4 ingredients (through saffron) in the inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot®, stirring well. Close and lock the lid. Turn the pressure release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Rice], and cook at Low Pressure 12 minutes.
- Allow a 10-minute Natural Pressure Release. Turn pressure release handle to “Venting” to release remaining pressure. Open the cooker, and stir in remaining 2½ cups milk, sugar, and raisins.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn the pressure release handle to “Venting” position. Press [Slow Cook], and cook on “Less” mode 30 minutes.
- When time is up, turn cooker off, and remove the lid. Press [Sauté], and set to “Less” mode. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or just until pudding comes to a simmer. (Do not boil.)
- Turn cooker off. Stir in vanilla, and let cool in cooker just until warm, stirring occasionally until creamy and slightly thick (pudding will continue to thicken after cooking as it stands).
- Serve pudding warm or chilled in individual bowls. Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon, if desired.