This omelette gets its “green” name from the glorious baby spinach folded throughout. Eggs and leafy greens are a perfect way to start a Keto-friendly day.
The cheese makes this omelette a bit decadent and gooey!
Throw this in the Crock-Pot when you get up and leave it while you get ready.
Time: approximately 1 hour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- Rinse the spinach and place it in a microwave-proof bowl, cover the bowl and place in the microwave on high for 1 minute, or until wilted.
- Squeeze the moisture out of the spinach and finely chop.
- In a medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add the spinach, cheese, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Drizzle some olive oil into the Crock-Pot.
- Pour the egg/spinach mixture into the pot.
- Place the lid onto the pot and set the temperature to LOW.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until the egg has set to your liking.
- Serve with a side of bacon and a sprinkle of fresh herbs!