Preparing the Mixture of Chicken Fritters Recipe
There are different ways to prepare the cheesy chicken fritters. But, since we want to focus on making this recipe ketogenic I will stick to the rules and will use only keto compliant ingredients.
First, chop the chicken to small thin pieces. To hold the mixture together add eggs, shredded mozzarella, and almond flour.
Next add the flavoring ingredients such as fresh chopped herbs, dried herbs, garlic, chili, salt & pepper, feel free to choose any other seasonings of your choice. Mix all the ingredients well and you can start making them right away or put them in the refrigerator if you want to cook it at a later time.
Adjust The Taste Of Easy Chicken Fritters Recipe
Now that you have prepared the mixture for chicken fritters lets analyze how to adjust this recipe to your taste.
I have used mozzarella cheese to make these delicious chicken fritters but you can use any other shredded cheese of your liking. Make sure the cheese which you choose should melt easily it is to make sure that the mixture holds together perfectly.
As far as the seasonings are concerned, you can use any seasonings of your choice which suits your taste buds. My seasonings suggestions are
- dried oregano
- Italian mix
- smoked paprika
- ground cumin
Alternatively, you can use turkey, ground meat or chopped skinless breast or thighs instead of chicken.
Ideas to serve with delicious chicken fritters
Here are my keto sides that compliment perfectly with yummy chicken fritters:
- Roasted cauliflower
- Roasted aubergines
- Green salad
- Chopped salad
- Grilled or roasted non-starchy veggies
- 1.5 lb (700g) skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoon fresh basil – finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon chives – chopped
- 2 Tablespoon parsley – chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- a pinch of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper – or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil – or more to fry
- Take a chopping board and place the chicken breast atop and with a sharp knife cut it into tiny pieces then place the pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in almond flour, eggs, mozzarella, basil, chives, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until the mixture is well combined.
- Now, in a large non-stick pan heat the oil on medium heat. Use an ice cream scoop or any large spoon to scoop into the mixture and place it to the pan. Then flatten the mixture to create a fritter. Make sure that the pan is not overcrowded hence cook the fritters in batches. May be 4 per batch.
- Fry for about 6 to 8 minutes until you see the golden brown texture on both the side. Make sure to cook it on a medium to low temp so that it doesn’t get burn on outside.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or a dip and enjoy it with your family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
Fat 21g; Cholesterol 212mg; Carbohydrates 3g
Protein 47g; Calories 397