The addition of cheese makes the sauce extra creamy in this chicken spaghetti, and the pasta cooks right in the sauce.
SERVES: 6 TO 8
HANDS-ON: 22 MINUTES
UNDER PRESSURE: 5 MINUTES
5-MINUTE NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE
SAUTÉ (NORMAL, LESS) • PRESSURE COOK (HIGH PRESSURE)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14½-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package spaghetti, broken in half
- 16 ounces processed cheese, cubed
- 3 cups chopped Pressure Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- Garnishes: basil sprigs, shaved Parmesan cheese, freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Remove the lid from a 6-quart Instant Pot®. Press [Sauté]. When the word “Hot” appears, swirl in oil. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomato paste, stirring until blended. Stir in 2 cups water, tomatoes, broth. Add pasta; stir to separate strands. (Make sure all pasta is submerged in liquid.) Turn cooker off.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Cook at High Pressure 5 minutes. When time is up, allow a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release. Turn steam release handle to “Venting” to release remaining pressure; remove lid. Turn cooker off. Press [Sauté]; set to “Less” mode. Stir in cheese, and cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.Garnish, if desired.