Parmesan adds its nutty, cheesy goodness to these grits made even richer by the butter and cream.
SERVES: 4 TO 6
HANDS-ON: 6 MINUTES
UNDER PRESSURE: 18 MINUTES
QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE
PORRIDGE (HIGH PRESSURE)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients in the inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot®.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Press [Porridge]; cook at High Pressure 18 minutes. When time is up, turn the cooker off.
- Open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release. Remove the inner pot from the cooker.
- Stir in cheese and butter. Stir in cream, and serve immediately