If you have been craving lasagna but you assumed it was out of bounds on your Keto diet…think again! This lasagna uses gorgeous slices of veggies instead of pasta. The rich meat sauce and cheesy topping remain the same.
Serves: 6 – 8
Time: approximately 8 hours
- 2 lb minced beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs – oregano, rosemary, thyme
- 1 large eggplant, cut into slices widthways (rounds)
- 2 large zucchinis, cut into slices lengthways
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Heat some olive oil in a deep-sided frying pan.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and sauté until soft.
- Add the minced beef to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and mixed herbs to the beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle some olive oil into the Crock-Pot.
- Spread a layer of beef mixture into the pot.
- Place a layer of eggplant over the beef.
- Add another thin layer of beef mixture over the eggplant.
- Place a layer of zucchini over the beef.
- Add another layer of beef over the zucchini.
- Place the spinach leaves over the beef.
- Add the remaining beef mixture over the spinach.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheddar cheese, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the lasagna.
- Place the lid onto the pot and set the temperature to HIGH.
- Cook for 4 hours.
- Serve while hot!