CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO
This slow cooker recipe was a hit with my family. My husband loves this recipe. The best part is the various layers of flavors this dish has right from the smoked sausage and cajun seasoning flavor to the seasoned chicken and alfredo sauce. Moreover, the pasta cooks perfectly well in the slow cooker.
STEPS TO PREPARE CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO IN THE CROCKPOT
- First, quickly sear the chicken breasts in a pan. Add the resulting juice and chicken breasts to the crockpot. This action requires only a few minutes and it is an important step since it adds extra flavor to the pasta.
- Now add the heavy cream, chicken broth, sausage and seasonings in the slow cooker.
- Cook the ingredients on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours depending on the type of your slow cooker. It is advised to check the temperature of the chicken using a meat thermometer and cook until it reaches 165 degrees. Once the meat is cooked, place it on a separate plate to cool and then slice.
- Mix in uncooked pasta along with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Put the chicken back in the slow cooker. Spray the top with fresh parsley and seasoning.
This slow cooker cajun chicken alfredo is packed with deliciousness. This slow cooker recipe is a delight for pasta lovers. If you are fond of spicy food then this is a perfect dish for your family.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp coarse cajun seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- Season the dry chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and spray a little garlic powder. In a pan of hot olive oil sear the chicken breasts
- In a slow cooker add chicken breasts, sausage, heavy cream, butter, chicken broth, garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp of salt, cajun seasoning, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the ingredients on LOW for about 4 hours or until the chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Remove the chicken from slow cooker and place it on a plate to cool and slice.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot water to the uncooked penne pasta and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Once the pasta is cooked, whip in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken. Also, add salt and pepper for taste.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 928 kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 64g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 38g