If you are having a busy night worry not Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup is a perfect option to satisfy your hunger. This keto slow cooker Mexican soup with a green enchiladas sauce, cheese, salsa Verde, and tender shredded chicken is a yummy delight. This chicken soup is perfect for those who follow a keto and low carb diet. This recipe can be made on a stovetop or in an instant pot.
A perfect Mexican Recipe For Taco Tuesday
One of the best keto soup! creamy green enchiladas chicken soup is easy to make at home in your crockpot. This keto soup can be a perfect option during busy weeknights. This recipe can be easily replicated in the Instant Pot. A classic Mexican recipe for taco Tuesdays! An excellent keto slow cooker dinner idea.
REASON YOU WILL LOVE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI VERDE SOUP!
- PERFECT FOR EVERYONE
I have a family of 4 and everyone loves this soup especially my daughter. She is a fan of this keto soup. You can easily customize the taste of the soup as per their taste requirement.
I like the mild taste hence the recipe is written accordingly but if you want it hot you can add more salsa or a green chili sauce. Remember, it will be difficult to remove the spicy heath so always start with the mild recipe.
- IT IS A DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPE
It is creamy and zesty and one of the best chicken enchiladas recipes. As mentioned above always start mild and for those who need hot just add green hot sauce or green salsa.
- ONE OF THE EASY TO MAKE MEXICAN SOUP
This is easy to make soup recipes. To get this soup cooking just add your chicken, sauce, and soup and cook all day and later add 2 half cheese to melt. That’s how it is easy to make this keto soup.
- LOW CARB AND KETO FRIENDLY SOUP
To make it keto compliant I have added 2 half of cheese as I am on a keto diet. It does not contain any carb or tortillas and hence it also a perfect low carb soup. You can also use heavy cream instead of cheese.
Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup - A Perfect Keto Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 oz can green enchilada sauce
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed and at room temperature
- 4 oz green salsa salsa verde
- salt and pepper to taste
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add chicken breasts or thighs, green enchilada sauce in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred it. Next, add the shredded chicken, cream, and jack cheese half and half and green salsa to slow cooker. Warm the crockpot and stir until the cheeses are melted completely. Add either hot sauce or extra salsa to taste.
- Delicious soup is read. Serve and enjoy it!
- Top it with avocado, cilantro, green onion, and sour cream to up the taste.
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Cook the chicken on high pressure for 8 minutes with 1 cup of broth. Do a quick release after 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Now set the pot to saute medium and add remaining broth, shredded chicken, green enchilada sauce, salsa and heat it until warm. Next, add the cheese and remaining ingredients. Stir the pot until the cheese is melted. Season it with salt and pepper if needed for taste.
- Add chicken and broth in a large stockpot. Simmer until chicken is done and can simply be pulled apart. Take the chicken out and shred.
- Add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, half and half, jack cheese, cream cheese, and green salsa to the pot. Stir the soup until it is warm and cheese is completely melted. Season it with salt and pepper if needed. Serve it with additional green salsa, hot sauce, and sour cream on the side.
Saturated Fat: 9g
Unsaturated Fat: 7g
Trans Fat: 0g