This chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is one of the most satisfying keto dessert recipes you will ever found. It is a low carb cake and easy to make in your instant pot.
It combines the flavor of chocolate, peanut butter, and cheesecake, making it one of the delicious low carb desserts.
Easy Instant Pot Baking
Baking inside the instant pot gets you a perfect cheesecake every time. Even if you don’t have any experience of making cheesecake in an Instant Pot you will find it quite easy making it.
Trust me you will have a great time making this delicious instant pot cheesecake.
Baking The Cake In The Oven
In case if you don’t have an instant pot at your home you can still make this yummy cheesecake with the help of the oven.
So if you are baking in the oven you need to prepare a water bath. The water bath makes sure your cake bakes evenly, creamy, and smooth.
This peanut butter chocolate cheesecake is rich and delicious and low in carbs but high on calories. So if you want to reduce the calories then simply substitute the 1/3 fat cream cheese with full-fat cream cheese.
This will reduce the calories without altering the taste.
To reduce the calories further you can even leave the crust part and skip the bottom layer altogether.
Required Pan Size For Baking
The size of the pan is very important while making this recipe. You need a larger sized pan while baking in the oven and when you use Instant Pot for baking then make sure the pan fits well into your pot. A smaller pan may not work well with this recipe. The filling itself requires a 7 inches pan so anything smaller than this will not work well.
I used Lakanto monk fruit sweetener, it is a great alternative to sugar and it is keto-friendly. You can substitute this with any other confectioner style sweetener like swerve.
Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For Chocolate Crust
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon Lakanto Powder Sugar Substitute or to taste
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
For Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Powder Sugar Substitute or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream at room temp
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
For the Chocolate Topping
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 oz Unsweetened Bakers Chocolate 2 Squares
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Powder Sugar Substitute or to taste
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Peanuts optional
- Preheat the oven 350° F and grease a 7 inches springform pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl add all the ingredients needed for the chocolate crust layer, combine and mix well.
- Spread the mixture all over the pan and into the bottom using a rubber spatula making it even as possible.
- Bake the mixture for 10 to 12 minutes and make sure it doesn't get burnt. Remove the pan from the oven and keep it aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese and sweetener. Mix using an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Add vanilla, heavy cream, sour cream, and eggs, mix again until combined well.
- Optional- To properly mix the peanut butter with other ingredients, in a microwave-safe dish, microwave the peanut butter for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the warm peanut butter to the cream cheese mixture and mix using the electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the prepared crust. Smoothen the top and remove any air bubbles if present. Cover the cheesecake with aluminum foil and fold around the edges properly.
To Bake in the Instant Pot:
- Split the 20-inch piece of aluminum foil and fold it into fourths lengthwise making it a long strip of foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water to the bottom of the instant pot liner. Place the trivet with handles down.
- Put the long foil strip to the bottom of the instant pot and on top of the trivet with the two ends sticking up.
- Carefully place the cheesecake on top of the foil strip and trivet in the IP and wrap both the ends of the long foil trip over. Put the lid and turn the IP valve to the sealing position.
- Place the instant pot on high pressure and cook for 35 minutes using the manual button.
- Once the cooking is done allow the pressure to natural release. With the help of 2 pieces of foil strip carefully remove the cheesecake from the instant pot.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool down at the room temperature for at least 30 minutes and then slowly remove the foil and place it inside the fridge.
- Leave the cheesecake to chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Once chilled, remove the pan from the fridge and add chocolate topping.
Cooking in the Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a pan filled with 1/2 inch of water inside the oven.
- Bake for at least 50 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is slightly jiggly. Once done remove the cake from the oven and allow it to settle at the room temperature for 30 minutes and then place it in the fridge to cool for 2 hours. Remove and serve.
- Till the cheesecake is cooling in the fridge let's make the chocolate topping. Use pyrex and create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl over a small saucepan full of simmering water.
- Add bakers chocolate and butter to the bowl of the double boiler. Mix occasionally until fully blended
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream a little at a time.
- Stir in the sweetener and place it aside to cool. The texture will thicken once cooled. If it gets too thick microwave it for a few seconds to make it normal.
- Remove the cheesecake from the spring-form pan once it has cooled. Pour the chocolate topping on top of the cheesecake and spread it across the edges. Alternatively, also top with chopped peanuts if desired.