Tuna steaks are not as commonly-used as salmon, but they are delicious! This recipe is very simple, as I want the tuna flavour to come through, rather than being masked by other strong flavours.
Time: approximately 3 hours
- 4 tuna steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 slices
- ½ cup white wine
- 3/4 cup peeled and seeded tomato in 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, such as Vidalia, in 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup oil-cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup fresh or store-bought salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- Reduce the white wine in a pot by simmering until the strong alcoholic smell is cooked off.
- Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the tuna steaks into the Crock-Pot.
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic on top of the tuna steaks.
- Place 2 lemon slices on top of each tuna steak.
- Pour the reduced wine into the pot.
- Secure the lid onto the pot and set the temperature to HIGH.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, Mix the Onion, tomato, chives, olives, salt, and salsa together in a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil, and mix well.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the crock-pot and pour the sauce around them and serve it immediately.