I know how hard it is to give up bread. But not to worry, this keto bread recipe is what you need. It is one of the best low carb bread recipes you will find on the internet. Made with almond flour, this keto bread is a perfect healthy breakfast.
Most keto bread does not hold together well and also tastes very eggy. Fortunately, this bread recipe does not have such issues since it holds perfectly together and works great for sandwiches and toasts just like your normal wheat bread.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE THIS DELICIOUS KETO BREAD EVERY TIME
There are two traditional ways of making this keto bread- simpler way and keto bakers way
- i) Simpler way – Follow the instruction provided in the recipe card.
- ii) Keto bakers way – Please continue reading for some amazing tips.
BAKING TIPS FOR AMAZING LOW CARB BREAD
Before you start the process make sure that the eggs are stored at room temperature. This is done to reduce the bread tasting eggy. If the eggs are stored in the fridge you can put them in a bowl of hot water for 3 minutes to bring it back to the room temperature.
BUTTER AND COCONUT OIL
Just like the eggs store the butter at room temperature.
In case if you are removing the butter from the fridge then follow these steps.
- Cut the butter in small pieces and place it on the top of the small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the butter starts to melt remove it from the heat and place it aside. You don’t want to combine the hot butter with the eggs since the hot butter will cook the eggs.
- Add the refined coconut oil to the butter
- Once the coconut oil is mixed with butter, slowly add the eggs to it while mixing on low.
WHICH BRAND OF BUTTER SHOULD I USE?
My favorite is grass-fed butter. You can use anything but I have always used grass-fed butter in the cooking.
MIXING THE DRY INGREDIENTS
In a small glass bowl add almond flour, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder. Mix it well until well combined. Once mixed, slowly add egg mixture until the texture becomes thick.
OVEN MEASUREMENTS TIPS
Set the fan-forced oven to 355 F ( 180 C ) and wait till it gets heated fully. If you are using a convection oven then drop the temperature by 20 F ( 5 C).
In case if you are not using a silicone tray then make sure to link your baking pan with baking paper. Smoothen the top surface of the bread using a silicone spatula or bowl scraper. This is done to help the bread to hold together while it sits in the oven.
Set the timer 10 minutes less than the recipe since it is safe to do so as all the ovens function differently. Once you see the small cracks on the bread or color of the bread change to a golden brown, insert the toothpick right into the center of the bread. If the stick comes out smoothly and cleans it means the bread is done. If not, bake it for another 10 minutes and do the checking process again.
After the baking process is over allow the bread to cool on the cooling rack. Make sure all the sides of the bread cool well. Cooling on a bread rack reduces the egg taste considerably.
HOW MANY SLICES IN A SINGLE BREAD LOAF
A bread should make 16 slices, in other words, 1 slice of bread makes 1 serving. The whole bread loaf can make 16 servings. Please note that the nutritional information provided below is only for 1 slice.
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO BREAD DAIRY FREE?
Just add 1/2 cup of olive oil instead of butter to make it dairy-free.
WHAT TO USE INSTEAD OF XANTHAN GUM?
Most of the time Xanthan gum is used as a binding agent that holds together the bread from crumbling. But if you don’t have xanthan gum you can use 1 tbsp of Gelatine powder or guar gum or psyllium husk powder.
CAN I USE COCONUT FLOUR IF I AM ALLERGIC TO ALMONDS?
Yes, you can use coconut flour instead of almond flour. Just add 1/2 cup of coconut flour in place of 2 cups of almond flour. The bread’s taste will be very similar since the coconut flour is more absorbable than the almond flour.
Low Carb Keto Bread
- 7 Large Eggs
- 100 g Butter melted
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 355 F ( 180 C )
- Add the eggs in a glass bowl and whisk in on high for 2 minutes
- Add coconut oil and melted butter and mix until smooth
- Add the xanthan gum, almond flour, salt, and the baking powder and mix together until the texture becomes thick
- Scrape into an 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with baking paper
- Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center of the bread.
- Slice the bread loaf into 16 thin slices and store in an airtight container and put it inside the fridge for a week.
Saturated Fat: 4.8g