I have tasted so many low carb keto cookies but nothing tastes like peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Peanut butter cookie is one of the best, if not, the best cookies I have ever made. It is delicious and super easy to make.
Why Is Peanut Butter Cookie The Best Keto Cookie?
- The most obvious reason is its taste and the time it takes to make this cookie. You need only 15 minutes to make this cookie from start to finish. So if you are looking for something easy to make cookies don’t look anywhere just try this cookie.
- These chocolate chips cookies are soft and chewy which is a rarity in most of the low carb cookies.
- They are extremely delicious with a hint of sweetness even though we don’t use sugar in the whole making process. It tastes just like your normal cookies but healthy.
How Do You Make A Cookie With Low Carbs?
We all know that generally cookies are loaded with carbs. This is primarily due to the presence of flour and sugar. So here we are avoiding these two ingredients and replacing it with Almond flour and Swerve.
Which Is The Best Almond Flour Brand?
As mentioned above, almond flour helps to minimize the carb content and the best substitute for flour. There are lots of brands for you to choose but my go-to brand has always been Kirkland’s Blanched Almond Flour.
If you are a regular reader of my blog you would have noticed that I have always used Kirkland’s Almond Flour in all of my recipes. They are cheaper and have the least amount of carbs per serving. Every 28 grams of almond flour contain only 2 gm of net carbs.
Swerve As A Sugar Replacement
Swerve is the best sugar replacement out there with 0 carbs. I use Swerve as a sweetener in all of my recipes.
There are two options of Swerve one is granulated Swerve and the other is confectioners Swerve. My pick is confectioners since it dissolves well and better than the granulated Swerve.
What Are The Best Chocolate Chips For Low Carb Cookies?
I prefer Lily’s brand of chocolate chips. They are delicious with zero sugar and contain only 2g net carbs for every serving.
It is the best available brand out there. Go for it and you will save tons of carbs.
Can We Use Coconut Flour For Almond Flour?
DO not substitute almond flour with coconut flour since they have different absorption properties and may not work with the cookies.
Also, avoid using stevia to Swerve. However, you can use the Monk Fruit instead of Swerve.
- 5 tablespoons of Natural No-Sugar-Added Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- A large egg
- 1 teaspoon PURE Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup 112g Kirkland’s Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoon of Confectioners Swerve
- Just less than 1/4 cup 35g Lilly’s NO SUGAR ADDED Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large mixing bowl add all the liquid ingredients
- Use the spatula to mix and combine the ingredients
- Now add the dry ingredients to the same bowl and mix well until a batter starts to form.
- Use your hands to make a ball of dough. Set aside the bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat the parchment paper with the baking spray.
- Use a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to add 12 equal-sized scoops to the baking sheet
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes
- Once they become soft like cake with brown edges, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool down on the baking sheet.
- After they completely cool down, they will become firm like cookies