Rich, rich, rich. This cheesecake is triple rich, and triple the chocolate flavour, but half the calories of most. It doesn’t need a heavy topping, just the simplicity of fresh raspberries and chocolate shavings.
- Parchment paper
- Butter-flavoured cooking spray
- 1½ cups water
- ⅔ cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (4 full cracker sheets)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa or other coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package ⅓-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon table salt1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Garnishes: chocolate shavings, fresh raspberries (optional)
- Cut a round of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 7-inch nonstick springform pan. Lightly coat bottom and sides of the pan with cooking spray. Fit parchment paper in the pan, smoothing out wrinkles.
- Lightly coat parchment paper with cooking spray. Pour 1½ cups water into the inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot®.
- Make the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon sugar. Stir in butter and 1 tablespoon water, blending well. Firmly press mixture into bottom and ½ inch up sides of
prepared pan. Freeze at least 10 minutes while preparing the topping and filling.
- Make the topping: Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons cocoa in a small bowl, stirring until well blended. Add sour cream, stirring until well blended; cover and set aside.
- Make the filling: Combine liqueur and chocolate in a small bowl. Microwave at HIGH 25 seconds; stir until smooth and glossy. Stir in chocolate syrup.
- Place cheeses in a large bowl. Combine 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, and salt, whisking until thoroughly blended; add to cheeses. Add vanilla, and beat at low speed with an electric
mixer just until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add both eggs at once; beat at low speed just until blended. Scrape sides of the bowl, and stir by hand just until batter is uniform in chocolate colour.
- Remove crust from freezer. Pour filling into crust, smoothing top. Gently tap pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Coat a 10-inch-long piece of aluminium foil with cooking spray, and cover pan sprayed side down. Lightly crimp edges to secure the foil to the pan.
- Place pan on the steam rack. Using rack handles, gently lower pan into the inner pot. Place the inner pot in the Instant Pot®.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot®. Turn the steam release handle to “Sealing” position. Turn off the [Keep Warm] light. Cook at High Pressure 44 minutes. Allow a 20-minute
- Natural Pressure Release. Turn pressure release handle to “Venting” to release any remaining pressure.
- After all, the pressure is released, remove the lid, keeping it level to avoid dripping excess condensation onto the foil. Lightly blot the top of the foil to remove any condensation. Use rack handles to remove the pan from the pot. Leave pan on rack. Carefully remove foil. If necessary, lightly blot the top of cheesecake with a paper towel to remove any excess cooking spray.
- Spoon topping in small dollops around edges and in centre of cheesecake. Using a small offset spatula, spread topping over cheesecake, being careful not to disturb the filling. Cool
completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Gently loosen cake from sides of the pan with a plastic knife. Remove sides of the pan, and transfer cheesecake to a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with chocolate shavings and raspberries, if desired.
Make sure that the cream cheeses are completely softened so there will be no white flecks of cheese in the chocolate mixture