Looking for the easiest way to make a healthy dinner, don’t look further, this whole 30 Instant Pot whole chicken dish is the best and easiest way to serve a healthy dinner to your family.
With the addition of lemon and spices, it is full of flavor & juicy which makes it a most satisfying low carb, paleo, keto recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
I have been a regular oven user until I found how easy it is to cook in an instant pot. This whole chicken dish is made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Another great benefit of making this whole chicken is that you can use the leftovers in the soups, salads, egg fry, the list goes on.
My Instant pot easily fits the whole chicken. It is been a year since I purchased it from Amazon. It is one of the musts to have tools in your kitchen.
There are a variety of seasonings you can use while making this whole 30 instant pot whole chicken recipe. Some of the popular seasonings are Italian seasoning, cajun spice, or any other as per your wish. My favorite is Italian seasoning along with lemon turmeric and sesame ginger.
For maximum flavor make sure the seasonings are well rubbed under the chicken skin. You can use your hand or a butter knife to do this. It is worth the effort.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- 3 –5-pound whole chicken innards removed
- 1 –2 tbsps avocado oil for searing
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 white onion quartered
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- In a small mixing bowl all the spices along with lemon juice and ghee. Mix well to create a thick paste.
- Dry the chicken completely and then season chicken by rubbing the paste under the skin. Stuff cavity with onion quarters.
- Set Instant Pot on Saute mode. Add oil to and once it gets hot add the whole chicken with breast side down and sear for about 4 to 5 minutes. Use tongs to sear chicken for further 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Insert the metal trivet into the pot and add the broth. Place the chicken on top of the trivet.
- Set the IP on manual high pressure for 25 minutes and set the valve to sealing. Once the cooking is finished, do a natural release. All to rest for a few minutes so that chicken can absorb all the juices.
- Serve hot with additional slices of lemon and thyme.